Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My Shelf!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! My shelf is complete and I am absolutely IN LOVE with it!

First off here is how the whole curtain/shelf process started out. I do not know what to call these hardware pieces but if you or your significant other do, here ya go! And for the rod he used a 1 1/2 metal hollow rod thingy. I believe just to pay for the hardware was $15-20 bucks for all of it, plus the curtains ($50 for both) So I would say this was pretty cheap, minus the curtains.


These are the brackets we used to hold up the shelf and you can kind of see the wood we used.  The white brackets were from my previous blinds that were up and the black one we found in my back yard! The black is the only one you see so I wasn't too worried about those two little ugly ones.


Here is a better look at the wood. Isn't it the coolest!? Exactly what I wanted! And it was free!


And here is my COMPLETED Shelf!!! What do you think? I am obsessed!


These are wide shots of the shelf which was hard to take because of the light outside. Sorry, i just use my phone. I will take better ones of the whole eating area soon!


I still have quite a bit to add to fill this thing up but we found some old deer skulls in the woods and have put them up there as well.


Ok, so enough with the shelf. But let me tell you, Wes built this for me while I was NAPPING on the couch!! Can we say spoiled??

But any who,  I have seen succulents everywhere lately and found these pots in that little clearance section at target for $3 each! Stuck them suckers in there and VOILA! Super cute and easy to take care of. I just need to find a dish to match for the water to run out.


Wes' Gma's land is gorgeous! She has a huge pond with a creek flowing through her land to it. Little bridges everywhere, Woods galore! And some sheds with old wood ;) When we were there the other day I saw these gorgeous wild flowers everywhere and had to pick some. I love them, they add freshness and a pop of color to the area!


And here is a bundle of those purple flowers hanging above my sink. I just love it! Eventually that is what I want to do with the Sage and Lavender I am growing and put it all around the house. But for now, these will work!


More updates and crafts to come next!

XOXO,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment