Thursday, May 21, 2015

I'm So Lonely... So Lonely...

I am pretty much alone this Memorial weekend. My lucky bastard of a boyfriend is in Colorado until Monday, for a Bachelor Party. UGH! BUT I had the chance to go to Vegas for the Bachelorette party and decided that is not a good idea for me. Literally I would end up in the 4th Hangover movie. Negative on that one.

So I finally have some me time, although it has only been one night, it's been nice and relaxing! Not that I do not miss the crap out of him already but it is nice to have our time apart. I have learned that if you do not have that time apart and spend EVERY WAKING MINUTE with your significant other, it is not healthy! But, that is me and who am I to give relationship advice? I am almost 29 years old and have not found THE ONE yet!

So these next couple of days I am going to try and focus solely on myself. Tanning, teeth whitening, facials, a LITTLE exercise (notice the emphasis on the little), and try to work on my eating habits. Wes is non stop and never relaxes so of course he is super in shape and does not have to worry about what he eats. Now that I am getting closer to 30, I do not have the body I used to. I just do not have the friggin motivation to work out, but Wes does help me out with that. Any who, just wanted to share a healthy, yummy side dish to try! BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!!

First off.... FRESH Brussel Sprouts!
Heat the oven to about 375.


I cut the stem off, take off the first couple of layers of leaves, or any that look yucky or brown.

Then I cut them in half.

Throw them in a bowl of water to soak and wash off. Get all the bugs and such out.



Rinse them off and pat dry.
 I like to add a little olive oil, a little balsamic vinegar, slivered almonds, dried cranberries, Greek seasoning and Parmesan Cheese. But add whatever your heart desires!
 Stir them around so they are nicely coated.
Throw them on a cookie sheet.
And just depending on how you like your sprouts (I like crispy outside and gooshy middle) so I cook mine for about 10 mins flip them over as best you can, (no biggy if they all do not flip over) and cook for another 10 mins.

VOILA! 



This is an old picture when I didn't have olive oil or balsamic vinegar, or Parmesan cheese, or dried cranberries, and just used Raspberry vinaigrette. But it was still delish! This is about the colors you want when you take them out of the oven! And then the chicken, I just bake at 425 for 35, any seasonings you like!

Hope you enjoy!
Rachel


5 comments:

  1. Where is my dinner at, woman?! I actually tried brussell sprouts for the 1st time ever like a month ago. They were just steamed so I added alittle salt and iI actually liked them. The taste kind of reminded me of broccoli...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment was me (Vicky) btw....don't know y it came up as my step brother's name but it won't let me sign in with anything else for some reason.

      Delete
    2. I was wondering who it was! You'll get dinner if we ever hang out!

      Delete
  2. I had this the other night and it was absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing the recipe. P.S. it is just a matter of time before he is back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I know you love them!

    ReplyDelete