Thursday, December 3, 2015

Catchin' up Part I

So the first thing I made at my New! desk is this little sign for one of my best friend's daughter, Olive (obviously)! I am not even sure if she will want it but I was just experimenting. I think it turned out pretty well for not having anything to trace or a stencil to use. But thank goodness for pencil :)



I knew I wanted to make some neat signs and such out of pallet wood so I had already nailed a few of the wood signs together with scrapes from my Scarecrow/Snowman project.  But with this sign, I really wish I had sanded and stained it before I actually put the work on it, but again I was just experimenting. I do love the way it turned out though! I kind of like the raw wood, do you?



Next up, BRETT ELDREDGE & THOMAS RHETT!!! The concert was amazing! I just got the cheapest seats possible, but with it being at Independence Events Center, you really don't have a bad seat in the house. And I'll admit I follow Brett Eldredge on Snapchat and let me just tell you, he is friggin adorable!

Gotta have my Fireball for a big night out! Or a relaxing night in.... Whatever! I got my Fireball!




We were literally on the opposite side from the stage in the very last row! But I didn't care, as long as I was there! 

Thanksgiving.......

I have never not spent holidays with at least one side of my family. Well this Thanksgiving my Grandma Dixie had just had a bypass on her leg so she wasn't able to do Thanksgiving. She literally is the best cook. All home-made, down-home, bad for you cookin! But this year I went with Wesley to his Aunt's house and I had to bring cookies. So I made my little Acorn treats I stole from my old Manager, Lori. Thanks Lori!! These are my go-to's...

All you need is:
Caramel Hershey Kisses
Chocolate to Melt
Nutter Butter To Go Bites
(Unfortunately I cannot find these any way else than in the To Go snack section)

You really don't need to melt a lot of chocolate. I hope all of you know how to melt chocolate and I do not need to explain it...??? So, I like to lay out all the pretty (non-crooked) nutter butter's and pair it with a hershey kiss. I use a spoon and just put a dabble of chocolate on the nutter butter (not too much or it will squish out the sides). Place the hershey kiss on the nutter butter and let those all sit and dry! I make sure they are good and dry because I don't want them falling off once you flop them over on their side! Once dry, I just add a little dot to the cookie to kind of make it like the little stem!

VOILA!!


Aren't they friggin adorable??? So easy!

Once we got home from dinner I wanted to decorate the tree and put up all my decorations. I get all excited and want to watch movies, listen to music, the whole shebang! Then I start fluffing..... I FUCKING HATE FLUFFING!!!! I get so angry and frustrated and mean. I am too OCD (in that sort of department) for that shit. Lord Have Mercy! So I started downing my Mojito and chugged along!


I think it turned out pretty cute. I decided to change it up a bit this year and go more with the rustic/country feel. So I added the burlap, picked out only red, gold and silver ornaments, and Wes made the shot gun shell lights. I love them!



Well, I still have a few more things to share but this post is kind of getting long and I'd rather you finish it then give up for being too boring! So I'll continue this post in a couple of days!!

XOXO,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment