Friday, November 6, 2015

Spaghetti Squash? Hmm....

So I am trying to be healthy, right? Well I've seen all these posts about how amazing Spaghetti squash is, so I thought I would go ahead and try it out last night for dinner. Wes' mom has made it for him but I have never had it myself.

So I found directions on how to prepare it on Pinterest (where else?) and..... Here we go!



 The directions said to cut it length wise and gut it. This thing smelled just like a pumpkin so I already wasn't diggin it. And on another set of directions I found it said to rub olive oil on the insides and sprinkle with italian herbs (Or greek seasoning because that is all you have).

 Place the open side down in a glass dish with a cup of water and cook at 375 for 30-35 mins. Clearly I have a really old nasty oven so Wes said we should up the temp for ours to 400.

To be even healthier I used ground turkey in the sauce instead of hamburger meat.

Well once the squash was done we let it cool for about 5 mins. We were hungry so we decided to just tough it out and friggin burn our fingers "forking?" out the "noodles?" So I taste tested a noodle thingy and they were not soft like a noodle but I wouldn't say totally crunchy either. And again, already not diggin it but I moved on. So we put the squash in the sauce and sat down to eat. NO FRIGGIN FLAVOR! It wasn't bad, but seriously no flavor whatsoever, and I'm sure the ground turkey didn't help that either. And of course my phone sucks and always dies and I didn't want to go upstairs to get my charger because my legs were Jello from my workout. So below are leftovers. (FYI Pinterest pictures lie!)


Meh, whatever.... Not a fan. But it wasn't terrible. At least I can say I tried it, and I don't think I will again.

Damn you healthy food! Or maybe Damn you Bad Food for being so Good!? Either/Or.

XOXO,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment